Users are encouraged to submit requests as Github issues on our primary Github repository for EpiModel . These requests can be for technical coding help and non-technical conceptual questions. We also welcome new feature requests and bug reports!
The primary support for the development of these software tools and statistical methods has been by two National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants: NIH R01 AI138783 and NIH R01 HD68395. Our applied research projects using EpiModel have received funding from the NIH and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our team also receives institutional support through center-level NIH grants. A full list of of our funding support can be found here.
EpiModel in the Scientific Literature
EpiModel and its extension packages have been used in multiple scientific journal articles. A full list of these articles can be found here or in a Zotero library. If you are aware of others, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in this list.Examples of articles citing EpiModel include:
- Amusan O, Thompson AF, Aderinola TB, Alese BK. Modelling Malicious Attack in Social Networks. Network and Communication Technologies. 2020; 5(1): 37-43. [LINK]
- Earnest R, Rönn MM, Bellerose M, et al. Population-Level Benefits of Extragenital Gonorrhea Screening among Men Who Have Sex with Men: An Exploratory Modeling Analysis. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2020; DOI: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000001189. [LINK]
- Everton SF, Schroeder R. Plagues, Pagans, and Christians: Differential Survival, Social Networks, and the Rise of Christianity. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion. 2019; DOI: 10.1111/jssr.12631. [LINK]
- Goldstein ND, Jenness SM, Tuttle D, Power M, Paul DA, Eppes SC. Evaluating a neonatal intensive care unit MRSA surveillance programme using agent-based network modeling. Journal of Hospital Infection. 2018; 100(3): 337-43. [LINK]
- Jenness SM, Maloney K, Smith SK, Hoover KW, Rosenberg ES, Goodreau SM, Weiss KM, Liu AY, Rao D, Sullivan PS. Addressing Gaps in HIV Preexposure Prophylaxis Care to Reduce Racial Disparities in HIV Incidence in the United States. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2019; 188(4): 743-752 [LINK]
- Robinson SJ, Barbieri MM, Murphy S, Baker JD, Harting AL, Craft ME, Littnan CL. Model recommendations meet management reality: implementation and evaluation of a network-informed vaccination effort for endangered Hawaiian monk seals. Proceeding of the Royal Society B. 2018; 285(1870): 20171899. [LINK]